1.13 final battle room 2 fire spot not avoided by pathfindin

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby LordSith » Mon May 31, 2021 4:08 pm

Hi,

In the (final battle?) room with the fire orb, there are 2 cases with fire.

I wasn't sure they were damage-dealer since my cursor didn't show anything, but then i asked a character to move from his starting spot in the room (right under the right fire spot) to the north of the room, and the pathfinding didn't avoid the fire spot.

I thought "okay that's just decorative"... but no. That's a damaging case with fire!
Maybe there is something weird with it since now i can see that it does damage but i couldn't see it before?

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Advert

Re: 1.13 final battle room 2 fire spot not avoided by pathfi

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Hiya :)

I've just had a look. Didn't see anything wrong there. Mousing over the brazier shows << Fire 40d6, Expected Damage 140 >>. Of course, the other squares also deal Fire damage, due to the Orb of Fire (just not as much as 40d6), so you may not have noticed the change in the tooltip when mousing over the brazier.

Pathfinding worked as expected, it tried to avoid the braziers. Please check your gameplay options to make sure that the << pathfinding avoids entangle >> option is ticked. Also, a flying creature does not need to avoid the braziers, so the proposed path reflects that for them. Finally, sometimes the only available path is the one that goes through the brazier. Cheers :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby LordSith » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:40 am

Hi,

In the bug occuring session, i can say:
- the character didn't fly
- the option for pathfinding is always that way
- it had a lot of way beside the pit.

Since it occured once,... i will report again if it happens next time.

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:05 pm

And the character didn't have Fire immunity, right? Ah well. Memory corruption, I suppose.:?:

Cheers :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby LordSith » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:10 pm

For fire immunity i'm not sure anymore. But let's say he had, why did he take damage? from a fall? if that's so, the pathfinding should have avoided the pit, doesn't it?

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:51 pm

Come to think of it, I can imagine that the path would go through the brazier if the character hasn't received any Fire damage from the other squares.

Because every square in the room is a Fire square, so every square deals Fire damage just like the brazier square.

So maybe if a character has just been revived or something, I guess the pathfinder would see all squares as equally damaging. Though I think characters take Fire damage immediately when they're revived.

Anyway, it might have something to do with the fact that all squares are Fire squares. Not a big issue, I think. Cheers :)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby LordSith » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:09 pm

Now that you speak about "resurrection" i think the character concerned was previously rez.

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:59 pm

Mm. Right, I did a few more tests with lots of fire squares and reviving characters, but I couldn't reproduce the issue. Guess it needs a very particular setup. Thank you! :)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG