CTD in the death snare labyrinth at each time AOO

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby LordSith » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:34 pm

Hi,

When the little warriors (1x1 token, not the soul lurker, image looks like a warrior/monk head) do a AOO, they start by attack, trip, then normal attack i think.

When they go for the "normal attack" they often CTD the game. It's almost at each time they have an AOO on my characters.
Edit: idem for the big summoned demon.

Edit 2 : it is beginning to be a real pain in the $#!@. each time the "trip" fails, the CTD?

See save just before:
https://easyupload.io/nc7231

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Advert

Re: CTD in the death snare labyrinth at each time AOO

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:52 pm

Hiya :)

I've just been trying to reproduce the CTD with your save, I triggered dozens of AOOs but it didn't crash. Does it CTD for you if the only thing you do is move your characters around to trigger AOOs?

Maybe there's a particular spell you always cast at the beginning of the fight? Cheers 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby LordSith » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:09 pm

From memory, most CTD happened when ranger was using ranged attack with a bow, not moving (but due to battle position start, he was next to an enemy or in AOO of one). Target was not the AOO character but the lowest yuanti if my save is before the fight north of the master soul creature.

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:33 pm

Okay, I see, thank you. Then I will try triggering AOOs with a ranged attack by the ranger. Cheers 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:24 am

Finally, I was able to reproduce the CTD and fix it.

There were a bunch of different issues there.

For example, the character should stop shooting if the AOO resulted in him or her getting Prone or Disarmed, or even Slowed on a ranged attack that is not the first one (as Slowed creatures can perform no more than one attack).

Should be all fixed in version 1.15. Best regards :)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Atoch » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:21 pm

The death snare is really dangerous: I got several CTDs out of combat just visiting the inventory of one charackter ( perhaps because she was still slowed despite wearing "Boots of Haste"?).

Also:

- there is no visual representantion for the poison clouds in the last fight of the death snare. ( And they can't get dispersed by "Gust of Winds". But I guess, that is a feature :twisted: ?)

- After the horned devil Lord is summoned, the psyonic option, which promises a 5-level debuff for the devil, has unfortunately no consequences.
Atoch
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:48 pm

The death snare is really dangerous: I got several CTDs out of combat just visiting the inventory of one charackter ( perhaps because she was still slowed despite wearing "Boots of Haste"?).
Thank you for the report. I expect it's all due to the AOO bug which corrupts the game's memory.

- there is no visual representantion for the poison clouds in the last fight of the death snare. ( And they can't get dispersed by "Gust of Winds". But I guess, that is a feature :twisted: ?)
Yup. I can't change that.

- After the horned devil Lord is summoned, the psyonic option, which promises a 5-level debuff for the devil, has unfortunately no consequences.
I just did a quick test and the option did result in the spell animation and the negative levels, so I'd guess it's the same bug again. Cheers :)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG