Belt of Battle Skill and Flurry of Blows

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby Atoch » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:05 pm

My Monk is Level 13. She has a swift weapon in the main hand, “Boots of Haste” and the “Belt of Battle Skill”. A level 13 monk should get 2 extra attacks with the “Flurry” option, but I always got only one extra attack. So I looked into it.

Base Attack Bonus of the „normal“ melee attacks of the main weapon:
+13
+13
+13
+8 (=13-5)
+3 (=13-10)

It is as it should be.

Base Attack Bonus of the „Flurry“ melee attacks of the main weapon:
+9
+9
+9
+9
+9
+9

That‘ s it. And it is weird.

I think, that the “Belt of Battle Skill” should give its bonus to the Flurry attacks too. Otherwise there’s no point for monks to use it.

Besides, in the small mouse-over preview with the success probability, the shown success probability of the Flurry attacks is the same as in the normal melee attack. So there is definitely somewhere a mistake.
Atoch
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Belt of Battle Skill and Flurry of Blows

Postby Atoch » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:38 pm

I did some further "Flurry"-testing with my monk – without “Swift”-weapons, “Boots of Haste” and the “Belt of Battle Skill”.
I tried it with simple Masterwork weapons and without weapons at all.

I always got:
+9
+9
+9
+9

But it should be:
+9
+9
+9
+4

So the Flurry-Attack option isn’t correct.

But it seems so minor – just let it go! ;)

ver.1.14
Atoch
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:08 pm

Hello Atoch :)

Thank you for the bug report! I've just fixed it. The last attack in the Flurry chain will have its correct attack bonus in version 1.17.

As for the Belt of Battle, it will grant the normal increase in attack bonus to each Flurry attack, but you'll still only get the normal number of Flurry attacks for your level.

So with a swift dagger and boots of Haste at level 13, you'll get the Flurry chain +9/+9/+9/+9/+9/+4.

And with the Belt of Battle on top, you'll get the Flurry chain +13/+13/+13/+13/+13/+8. Or if you do a normal full attack, you'll get +13/+13/+13/+8/+3.

Also the game will correctly check the other Flurry requirements (no armour, no shield, and no weapon in the right hand or a light weapon only).

Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Rasputin » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:44 am

I didn't think to check when I was looking at weapons, and I am stuck in a never-ending combat now so I can't easily look.

Are there monk weapons in the game yet that would allow a monk to use them with Flurry of Blows?

If so, what happens if you have a hasted Mantis monk using four swift monk weapons and Flurry?
Rasputin
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:43 pm

Are there monk weapons in the game yet that would allow a monk to use them with Flurry of Blows?
You can use Flurry of Blows with any Light Weapon as long as you're not using a shield or armour. Thus all light weapons are monk weapons.

If so, what happens if you have a hasted Mantis monk using four swift monk weapons and Flurry?
Assuming we're talking about a level-1 Mantis, without flurry, the Mantis will get its four attacks with the light weapons + the four Swift attacks with each light weapon + the four Hasted attacks with each light weapon = 12 attacks.

With flurry, you first perform the flurry with the weapon in your right hand, then you perform all your off-hand attacks.

Thus at level 1, the Mantis will get its two flurry attacks with the right-hand light weapon + the Swift attack with the right-hand weapon + the Hasted attack with the right-hand weapon + the three attacks with off-hand weapons + the three Swift attacks with off-hand weapons + the three Hasted attacks with off-hand weapons = 13 attacks. Cheers 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG