Minor interface annoyance

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby Sangarunya » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:08 pm

There is a minor inconvenience with the graphical interface in the game. I'll try to explain step by step to see if you can replicate it in your computer.

The game is in the top view with tokens as characters.

Move the cursor to the initiative bar on the right side of the screen, over any character.

Push 'V' or 'I' to open the character window or the inventory respectively.

A new window is opened. Move the mouse pointer to another area of the screen different of the occupied by the order queue.

Go back to the adventure screen by pushing the 'Okay' button or with the 'Esc' key.

Now, if you hover over the different characters and push again 'V' or 'I' instead of going to that creature's character or inventory screen, it shows the associated with the one you first selected in the initiative bar. That creature's icon is surrounded by a yellow aura (in the right side queue). Adventurer or enemy, it doesn't matter.

The way to display the correct window is to position the cursor again over the initiative queue on the right side. As long as the mouse pointer doesn't touch that part of the interface, the info is not actualized.

It's a little nuisance that sure can be corrected in no time.

Edit:
Also, in the Character Creation, First Page screen there is a problem when you try to select the race for the character. If you have disabled "Create Token Automatically" and "Create Sprite Automatically" and click on Select Race, a selection list is displayed but the choice for the token and sprite are showed when the mouse cursor is over that are of the interface, taking priority over the race pick list. This only happens for the Elf, Half-Giant and Halfling options - they share the same area that the Token and Sprite open menu buttons. Picking the race when those supposedly hidden buttons are displayed does nothing; you need to avoid these little areas until the "Click to select" dialog appears.
Sangarunya
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Re: Minor interface annoyance

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:27 pm

Hello Sangarunya! :)

Yup. I've just reproduced the issue. I have to clear the initiative list's highlighted character when closing the character screen / inventory screen, or when mousing somewhere out of the initiative list.

Also, in the Character Creation, First Page screen there is a problem when you try to select the race for the character. If you have disabled "Create Token Automatically" and "Create Sprite Automatically" and click on Select Race, a selection list is displayed but the choice for the token and sprite are showed when the mouse cursor is over that are of the interface, taking priority over the race pick list. This only happens for the Elf, Half-Giant and Halfling options - they share the same area that the Token and Sprite open menu buttons. Picking the race when those supposedly hidden buttons are displayed does nothing; you need to avoid these little areas until the "Click to select" dialog appears.

Yup, I've also just reproduced that. I have to give priority to the selection box if any has been opened.

Thank you very much for the bug reports!! I'll definitely fix these issues in version 1.18 (I'm already uploading 1.17 so I won't be able to add the fix in 1.17).

Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG