Touch AC

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Touch AC

Postby Sangarunya » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:54 am

Is this value displayed clearly in any place of the interface? If it is, please let me know where. I haven't been able to find it.

If not, given the number of spells and abilities in the game that uses melee and ranged touch attacks, one nice improvement will be to show the Touch AC of a creature, just like the normal Armor Class in displayed in the character sheet. The game also nullifies the corresponding bonuses when the creature is flat-footed, which has great utility. But when touch attacks are involved, the only option is to open the character screen of each monster and add/subtract the bonuses by hand. Again, when you are fighting against a dozen enemies or more, keeping track of all values becomes tedious. The percentage is shown correctly by the helper tool when you aim a spell at an enemy, but you need to be in range to activate it, so implies you need to move the spellcaster near the enemies and this is not advisable. Also, the correct value can be seen in the combat log after casting the spell.

Perhaps the Armour Class screen is the easiest place to add it or when you have finished the initial village and eliminate the bugs, use the space occupied by the 'Eyes' in the Character Screen, being the only info on it that is not relevant in any way to tactical decisions and move the appearance ones to another tab.

Thanks for reading.
Sangarunya
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Touch AC

Advert

Re: Touch AC

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:41 pm

Hiya Sangarunya :)

Touch AC is not being displayed at the moment. Okay, it should be no problem to add it in version 1.18. Most likely, I will add it in the Character Sheet to the right of the actual Armour Class. So, there will be two side-by-side fields, one for AC, one for touch AC. AC never exceeds 99, so it doesn't have to be a big field. Clicking on Touch AC will display the list of modifiers for Touch AC.

Thank you for the great suggestion! Cheers 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG