CTD with cancellin"suppress sword" in soul sucker deathsnare

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby LordSith » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:11 pm

Hi,
I tried to use (out of battle) the spell "greater dispell" on a character whose the only effect available to dispell should be "suppress sword" condition from the soul sucker death snare part of the game.

It caused a CTD after a long freeze of the game when I clicked on the target character with my spell and in "single effect" mode.

This always happen in that occurence : freeze of the game when clicking on "Ysabel"; then after some time, crash to desktop.

Save game : https://we.tl/t-fcSQ2oey6O

Edit : at the same place, i have tried the "great break enchantement" from my wizard too and in a recent occurence, when all PCs lost their condition suppress sword, the game frozen, i got a "runtime error" and CTD.
The CTD do not happen (from what i have seen) when not all characters lose the "suppress sword" condition... i'm not sure why.

In my most recent try 5 /6 characters (except my rogue) were dispelled (last one was not dispelled).
Then i redid the spell, and rogue was dispelled. Last one was not rogue and had nothing to dispell.
no CTD.

So my own idea would be that the game CTD if the last one is "dispelled".

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Advert

Re: CTD with cancellin"suppress sword" in soul sucker deaths

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:13 pm

Hiya :)

I've just done a bunch of tests with Greater Dispel Magic (both single effect and dispel area), and the condition Suppressed Sword. Found no issue, so I guess this was fixed earlier.

If you still find a problem, please send the saved game to enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com.

Thank you! Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG