Some QoL improvements

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Some QoL improvements

Postby Cygnette » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:44 am

Here are some things that I would like to see:
1. Show the character class in the pop-up and in the info box during combat
2. Allow me to rename all characters in my party (also NPCs who joined) during the game. Because if option 1 is not possible, I can rename the character to Name (Class) and see it that way
3. Explain what this mysterious CR stat is in the pop-up, and why is it important enough to be there when the character class is not
4. With lots of dialogue, don't force me to hit 1 to move to the next. Allow ESC to end the entire dialogue chain in one go. This is especially needed in the tutorial, where the exposition goes on forever, and you're fighting the same battle 15 times, so you've seen it before.

Thank you.
Cygnette
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Some QoL improvements

Advert

Re: Some QoL improvements

Postby Sangarunya » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:47 pm

You can rename your characters by clicking on the "Name" label on the top of the Character Sheet (if you hover the mouse over it, the magic words "Click to Change Name" appear). CR is Challenge Rating, a very common term in D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder rulesets - you can read the description in the Help Files.
Sangarunya
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Re: Some QoL improvements

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:49 pm

Hello Cygnette! Thank you for all the suggestions.

1. Show the character class in the pop-up and in the info box during combat
Sure. I've just added that feature for version 1.39.

2. Allow me to rename all characters in my party (also NPCs who joined) during the game. Because if option 1 is not possible, I can rename the character to Name (Class) and see it that way
Yes it is possible, as mentioned by Sangarunya (thank you!).

3. Explain what this mysterious CR stat is in the pop-up, and why is it important enough to be there when the character class is not
It gives you an idea of how powerful a creature is. But now the game will also display the class and the level.

4. With lots of dialogue, don't force me to hit 1 to move to the next. Allow ESC to end the entire dialogue chain in one go. This is especially needed in the tutorial, where the exposition goes on forever, and you're fighting the same battle 15 times, so you've seen it before.
Might be doable. I have to look into it. Pressing the Escape key to skip all dialogues that only have one answer (and aren't a puzzle screen where you have to click on the image), until you reach the end of the script, or the next dialogue with more than one possible answer, or another type of screen (like the cryptography screen, a puzzle screen, the party-formation screen, or the trading screen).

Cheers! Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG