1.34 completely broke the game...

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby Roguenbauld » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:20 am

Hello Pierre

Hope you're doing fine. Btw the game is completely broken by the new patch. Seriously, spells are scrambled fights are crashing the game spliting is impossible, companions are broken, and the game breaks into literally 30 seconds if you go and do the earth elemental dwarf tavern quest... Anyways I hope this won't take a week or even 2 business days to be dealt with. A suggestion, maybe allow (on steam) to rollback to a previous patch, since apparently despite your effort there's no Q&A to release a patch and when it's a bad one like this, it rlly hurts.

Cheers!
Roguenbauld
Centaur (CR 3)

Advert

Re: 1.34 completely broke the game...

Postby axebird » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:42 pm

I'm encountering the same issues. Spells are scrambled in both the hotbar and the spellcasting page of character sheets, sometimes in ways that make it impossible to cast the correct spell. The fight inside Gleegold is repeatedly crashing for me.
axebird
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Postby mkoijnbhu » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:31 am

Game was fine before update. Please provide option to go back to previous version or fix asap. How can you deploy the game with such obvious bugs?
mkoijnbhu
Goblin (CR 1/3)

Postby Roguenbauld » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:15 pm

Good day Pierre.

Can we have an answer on the problems about 1.34? It`s all over the place (steam foruns, GOG, here) and it seems to be a general problem that afected everyone. It would be awesome if you could provide some answer. I for one, have a list of people who wants to play and watch (I`m currently streaming the playthrough) and that bought the game over the amazing features we as a community managed to show. I talk only good things about this game but it seems to get rough when something like a completely broke state happens.

All I`m asking is an answer. Even if there`s no solution yet. At least an ETA.

Anyways have an amazing day!
Roguenbauld
Centaur (CR 3)

Postby ociebieda » Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:50 pm

What about just download older version on Steam (or GOG) and give developer a time to fix it right (without breaking more things again).
Here is guide that works: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889624474
ociebieda
Manticore (CR 5)

Postby Roguenbauld » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:11 pm

ociebieda wrote:What about just download older version on Steam (or GOG) and give developer a time to fix it right (without breaking more things again).
Here is guide that works: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889624474

Thanks for the link and for the answer. Unfortunately I`ve tried that already and the manifest regarding older versions presents problems as a well (missing files). I`m ok with giving the developer all the time in the world to fix the problems. The reason why I asked for an answer and not a fix is to be able to know if this is a known issue or if it has something to do with my (and everyone`s else who presented the problem) system. I understand the MO of Pierre and I`m not in anyway, criticizing the fact that fixes takes time. I don`t think, however that we should not elevate the fact that there are problems. Being a smaller community all around than most of CRPG`s community, makes sometimes harder for the developer to get feedback on state of the game by the gamer`s perspective which is what I`m trying to do here (at least it is what I think I`m doing).

So yeah I must still insist on my respectable requirement for an answer, from the dev and I think it`s healthier than just patiently wait for a fix. Frankly, fixes to this game are now scary enough that I removed auto update since I realized there are not enough testing before releasing a patch (1.31 broke, 1.32 broke, 1.33 the more stable one, 1.34 completely broke the game).

Cheers, for the link and again I apreciate the help!
Roguenbauld
Centaur (CR 3)

Postby ociebieda » Mon May 02, 2022 8:32 am

Roguenbauld wrote:So yeah I must still insist on my respectable requirement for an answer, from the dev and I think it`s healthier than just patiently wait for a fix. Frankly, fixes to this game are now scary enough that I removed auto update since I realized there are not enough testing before releasing a patch (1.31 broke, 1.32 broke, 1.33 the more stable one, 1.34 completely broke the game).

Hows 1.35 version https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/8656397/ ?

Anyway, I still wonder if it is normal (rules related) that abilities from items do not increase amount of spell slots (for example, wizard equpping +2 intelligence item does not get +1 extra spell slot)?
ociebieda
Manticore (CR 5)

Postby Sangarunya » Mon May 02, 2022 12:34 pm

According to the rules (Characters/Basic Statistics/Abilities/Intelligence section): "The base intelligence is used to calculate bonus spells. You do not gain extra spell slots by using items or spells to increase the INT modifier." And the same can be read in the Wisdom and Charisma parts. So no, the item bonus doesn't give your character more spell slots.
Sangarunya
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby ociebieda » Mon May 02, 2022 1:15 pm

Sangarunya wrote:"The base intelligence is used to calculate bonus spells. You do not gain extra spell slots by using items or spells to increase the INT modifier."

Now I see. I was there few times and missed this part under the table. So, actually spellcasting ability from items is useful for DC only, while other abilities from items keep giving bonuses to anything. Thanks for help.
ociebieda
Manticore (CR 5)

Postby Roguenbauld » Mon May 02, 2022 9:07 pm

ociebieda wrote:
Roguenbauld wrote:So yeah I must still insist on my respectable requirement for an answer, from the dev and I think it`s healthier than just patiently wait for a fix. Frankly, fixes to this game are now scary enough that I removed auto update since I realized there are not enough testing before releasing a patch (1.31 broke, 1.32 broke, 1.33 the more stable one, 1.34 completely broke the game).

Hows 1.35 version https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/8656397/ ?

Anyway, I still wonder if it is normal (rules related) that abilities from items do not increase amount of spell slots (for example, wizard equpping +2 intelligence item does not get +1 extra spell slot)?

1.35 is pretty stable and its actually the only one that fixed moon crypt crash after spliting party, so cheers for that. healing outside battle with a bishop in spider cave (tutorial) is back though and breaks the game. So far the only crash I've experienced in 1.35 is this. The rest is awesome smooth and stable.

Seems like xtra spell slots are still not a thing, unfortunatelly. still manageable but it makes intelect circles more of a thing for saving throws (which i think every attunement wiz benefits from) than slots. I'm trying to get around (testing) upping DEX instead of INT because of the terrible RNG initiative rolls and guess what... that turned out to make IronMan Archmage very viable so far (currently at the fight where you recruit Pizzara).
Roguenbauld
Centaur (CR 3)

Next

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG