Crystal vs eternium weapons

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby compactset » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:39 am

I am undecided about the material to use to craft my custom weapons, so I would like to hear your opinion on the matter of the +1 to hit offered by crystal weapons vs +1/2 damage provided by eternium.

More precisely, I am thinking about crafting a scythe for my Death Knight with the enchantments +1, skewer, barbed and vorpal. Combining that with the Bracers of Impact I would get a weapon with a critical multiplier of 6. If I chose eternium the +2 damage bonus would translate in an actual +12, so if I consider the melee damage bonus worthwhile over the +1 to hit this scythe would be one of the weapons taking the most leverage out of that. On the other hand, the +1 to hit would help guarantee that the skewer effect triggers, moreover it would be also applied to rolls not only for melee attacks but also combat maneuvers. It would nicely synergize with the +2 to trip of the scythe weapon and the -2 AC guaranteed by the aura of the Knight.
compactset
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Advert

Re: Crystal vs eternium weapons

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:01 pm

Hello compactset! Thank you for posting and welcome to the Forums.

I would go for the +1 to attack rolls of Crystal weapons, so that the Skewer effect happens as often as possible. If you want extra damage, you can always use a Ring of the Destroyer.

Just my personal preference. Enchanting a crystal scythe will also cost a bit more than enchanting an eternium scythe.

Cheers! Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Crystal vs eternium weapons

Postby compactset » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:13 pm

Thanks for the answer. In the end I went for crystal, for the reasons explained above.
Also, a +12 damage added to 180-200 is almost negligible. It would be useful only for enemies immune to critical hits, but for that I relied on my mantis fighter with 4 weapons executing more than 10 attacks per round and ring of destruction.
compactset
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG