1.35 UI freeze

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

1.35 UI freeze

Postby mkoijnbhu » Wed May 04, 2022 3:51 pm

Hey,

Anyone else game constantly freeze during battle for 1-4 seconds everytime you mousover enemy / spell effects? Seems like game is calculating some stuff when you do it and it takes time and freeze the game. The more enemies (eg the Gate Fight) the more time it takes to unfreeze. Big fights are unberable if you dont take out many enemies quickly. CPU R2600X, 16GB RAM.
mkoijnbhu
Goblin (CR 1/3)

1.35 UI freeze

Advert

Re: 1.35 UI freeze

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:01 pm

Hello mkoijnbhu! Thank you for posting.

This may be due to the calculation of the chance to hit of enemy Attacks of Opportunity. For that reason, I have added in version 1.39 (coming soon) a new option to turn off the calculation and display of the chance to hit of enemy AOOs.

Here are some other tips for improving performance.

The first thing which I have found may slow down the game is the animation of environmental particles.

So, please go to the Game Options screen, click the ‘Display’ tab, and make sure that the option ‘Display Environmental Particles’ is turned off.

You may also want to turn off the option ‘Display Expanded Attack Tooltip’.

You may also choose to play in windowed mode to reduce the graphics load.

Next, please reboot before playing to clear the RAM, and then make sure that you don’t have other applications running at the same time.

I think that those are the main things. Please let me know if they help with performance? If not, please compress a saved game and send it to enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com.

Thank you! Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG