sharkman druid's buried treasure

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby Liberator » Thu May 26, 2022 2:59 am

In high sewer, I found this room with "dark alcove" saying that the sharkman druid has buried treasure in this room and we can dig it with a shovel. But I digged every square of the room, and nothing. Then I noticed that only 0.1% of the player has completed the steam achievement "archaeologist", so it's definitely not simply digged out in the room. The question is, is it in somewhere else in the high sewer, or is it require some complex mechanics that most people didn't even know?
Liberator
Kuo-toa (CR 2)

Advert

Re: sharkman druid's buried treasure

Postby Liberator » Thu May 26, 2022 10:41 am

After some digging in the script, it is seems that I must have the sharkman druid's encoded message to decode here and find out there's treasure buried here. I do have killed sharkman druid, but can't remember if I got this message, or did I decoded it earlier. Anyway I don't have this message on any character, yet the dialogue straight jump to "dig it with a shovel" which should be the last dialogue. So maybe I can conclude that there's a bug here, just like the riddle master straight jump to the riddle without introduction I encounter a while later?
Liberator
Kuo-toa (CR 2)

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:41 pm

Hello Liberator! Thank you for posting.

Normally, when you examine the Dark Alcove marked with a trident in the High Sewers, the game will let you know whether you have the Sharkman's scroll or not. If you don't, the game will say: << Unfortunately, the party cannot resolve this optional riddle because it requires a message from the Sharkman Druid, which can be found in the Water Shrine, during the First Chapter. >>

So, if it doesn't tell you that, you have the scroll and you can recover the treasure using the Spade (not the Shovel - I don't think there's an item called Shovel in the game). Right after closing the dialogue window, press I to open your inventory, then look for the Spade, switch to the character who has it, then mouse over the Spade, then press U for use. You should find the treasure.

If not, please send your compressed saved game to enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com.

So maybe I can conclude that there's a bug here, just like the riddle master straight jump to the riddle without introduction I encounter a while later?
Not sure, for that too I would need to see the saved game.

Thank you! Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Liberator » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:47 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Hello Liberator! Thank you for posting.

Normally, when you examine the Dark Alcove marked with a trident in the High Sewers, the game will let you know whether you have the Sharkman's scroll or not. If you don't, the game will say: << Unfortunately, the party cannot resolve this optional riddle because it requires a message from the Sharkman Druid, which can be found in the Water Shrine, during the First Chapter. >>

So, if it doesn't tell you that, you have the scroll and you can recover the treasure using the Spade (not the Shovel - I don't think there's an item called Shovel in the game). Right after closing the dialogue window, press I to open your inventory, then look for the Spade, switch to the character who has it, then mouse over the Spade, then press U for use. You should find the treasure.

If not, please send your compressed saved game to enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com.

So maybe I can conclude that there's a bug here, just like the riddle master straight jump to the riddle without introduction I encounter a while later?
Not sure, for that too I would need to see the saved game.

Thank you! Best regards 8-)

Saved game sent, best regards~
Liberator
Kuo-toa (CR 2)

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:43 pm

Thank you for the saved game, Liberator. I’ve had a look.

There is a bug in the Hints. I've just fixed that for version 1.40.

In your game, you can’t find the treasure because you’ve left the Sharkman’s message in the treasure chest of the Moon Crypt Death Snare (where Yanos put all of your belongings in the beginning).

Also, actually, you don’t need to have the scroll to recover the treasure, but you do need to have decoded the message.

Anyway, if you want the treasure, feel free to open the Module Editor, select the module Augury of Chaos, and drop a copy of the item named << Sharkman’s Message >> on the floor near the Dark Alcove in the High Sewers.

Cheers! Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Liberator » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:13 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Thank you for the saved game, Liberator. I’ve had a look.

There is a bug in the Hints. I've just fixed that for version 1.40.

In your game, you can’t find the treasure because you’ve left the Sharkman’s message in the treasure chest of the Moon Crypt Death Snare (where Yanos put all of your belongings in the beginning).

Also, actually, you don’t need to have the scroll to recover the treasure, but you do need to have decoded the message.

Anyway, if you want the treasure, feel free to open the Module Editor, select the module Augury of Chaos, and drop a copy of the item named << Sharkman’s Message >> on the floor near the Dark Alcove in the High Sewers.

Cheers! Best regards 8-)

Thank you very much! I wasn't figure out how to use bags by then, thus left quite some item in that Moon Crypt, nor was I figure out how to decode message. But left an obvious quest item behind must be unintentional: When open a chest, we can only see four items in one page, so if the chest contains too many items, and you can't take them all, you have to scroll them down to other pages, and very likely miss one or two pages in the middle. Is there any method to list all item in a chest?

Anyway I've already finished the module, but considering this chest worth a rare achievement,it worth a try :lol:
Liberator
Kuo-toa (CR 2)

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:08 pm

Thank you Liberator!

left an obvious quest item behind
Yes, it's a bit of a problem, but I'm not sure how to avoid it if the scenario includes a sequence were your equipment is taken away.

Is there any method to list all item in a chest?
Well, I think that there are two ways.

First, if you switch to full-screen mode, you'll get the expanded Inventory Screen, which gives more room for the items in a treasure chest.

The other way is to click on the up/down arrow buttons in the Inventory Screen. I think that they will scroll up or down by a single line only.

Also, clicking on the headline ('treasure chest') will pick up all of the items, if you have enough space in your character's backpack.

Cheers! Best regards 8-)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Liberator » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:22 am

BlueSalamander wrote:Thank you Liberator!

left an obvious quest item behind
Yes, it's a bit of a problem, but I'm not sure how to avoid it if the scenario includes a sequence were your equipment is taken away.

Is there any method to list all item in a chest?
Well, I think that there are two ways.

First, if you switch to full-screen mode, you'll get the expanded Inventory Screen, which gives more room for the items in a treasure chest.

The other way is to click on the up/down arrow buttons in the Inventory Screen. I think that they will scroll up or down by a single line only.

Also, clicking on the headline ('treasure chest') will pick up all of the items, if you have enough space in your character's backpack.

Cheers! Best regards 8-)

I see, I'll be more careful with the chest I can't take all in the future modules~Thank you for this wonderful game :D
Liberator
Kuo-toa (CR 2)

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:04 pm

Thank you for the kind words Liberator!! Cheers :)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG