"Investigate Black Circle" quest does not appear

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby MaxEd » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:31 pm

I somehow failed the "Vanishing Sword" quest (I never rested, but I came back to the tavern several times to buy equipment), and now when I talk to Adventure Guild head he gives me "Investigate Black Circle" quest, but it doesn't appear in my journal, and I'm not sure how to proceed (he doesn't have any pointers aside from his missing sister, but nobody around seem to have anything new to say - maybe I should ask children about her? But I'm worried that since the quest doesn't show up in journal, it might have bugged out).
MaxEd
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: "Investigate Black Circle" quest does not appear

Postby MaxEd » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:03 am

Oh, OK, the actual continuation of this quest happens when you go down the sewers. But this still looks a bit buggy to me - the quest is directly proposed in the dialog and there is even a reward mentioned, so why not add it to the quest log?
MaxEd
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:56 pm

Hello MaxEd! Thank you for posting.

Yup. I might add 'Investigate the Circle of the Black Rose' as a quest when Hallian talks about it and then mark it as 'Completed' when you meet Yanos in Chapter 1. So far, I haven't done it because it's part of the main storyline.

Aside from that, finding the girl (Hallian's missing sister Peliana) isn't a proper quest, as you may or may not find her at the very beginning of Chapter 1 depending on your party skills.

About the 'Vanishing Sword' quest, yes, you have to do it in one go.

Cheers! Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby MaxEd » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:41 am

Thanks for the explanation.

About the 'Vanishing Sword' quest, yes, you have to do it in one go.

The problem is, I don't remember resting during the quest... Does a visit to the tavern alone triggers the failure condition?
MaxEd
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:23 pm

Does a visit to the tavern alone triggers the failure condition?
Yes, if I remember correctly, it does. Thank you! Best regards :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG