Bug reports

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Re: Bug reports

Postby Sangarunya » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:53 pm

Next consideration: some effects are caused by one spell that belongs to different classes. Would it be worthwhile to mention in the help files the spell for each one of them? On one side of the scale, you are repeating almost the same words and on the other you summarize every single option to achieve the effect, the name of the spell and the classes that can cast it.

Example: Aligned Weapon is granted by the Cleric 2 spell Align Weapon (as its mentioned in the Aligned Weapon page) but also by the Align Weapon (Paladin) spell. With the current info it seems that only the Cleric can offer this advantage but the Paladin is a real alternative. The setback is repeating the same spell name for each class. But is also true that each spell is a unique one, different of the rest.

Another one: in addition to Grease (Wizard) and Resilient Grease (Wizard), Balancing condition is also obtained by Grease (Psionicist), Grease (Rogue) and Resilient Grease (Psionicist).

Thoughts?
Sangarunya
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:22 pm

Hello Sangarunya! Awesome, thank you so much!

I've found a few more in 1.17
I've just fixed them for version 1.19. Thank you!

Also, the High Elf gets Spell Resistance equal to 5 + level but is not mentioned anywhere in the Help Files (or at least I haven't seen it).
No, it's the Wizard who gets that. No special SR bonus for the elves.

In some cases it depends on a random roll and in the last one it requires choosing a feat but I think it'll be worthwhile to enumerate all the different methods for the sake of completeness.
Certainly. I've just updated the help entry for the Berserk condition with this information.

reading the help files [for Heal] doesn't assist you when you have to choose what spells are more important for your party if you don't know for sure if that spell removes one particular condition or not.
True. Although you could peruse the chart about unfavourable effects and that would tell you whether a particular condition can be removed by Heal. The chart is available in-game and also in the middle of this webpage: https://www.heroicfantasygames.com/FWE/Pages/FWE_SpellSchools.htm.

Anyway, the conditions removed by Heal are: Acid Burns, Agony, Berserk, Bleeding, Blinded, Burning, Confusion, Dazed, Dazzled, Decerebrated, Disruption, Dying, Exhausted, Fatigued, Feebleminded, Flaming Oil, Impaired, Limping, Nauseated, Sickened, Stunned, Sundered and Unconscious.

I've just updated the spell entries for Heal (all the versions, Cleric, Paladin and Druid) so that all the conditions are now mentioned (version 1.19).

In the list of conditions, there's a problem with Disruption, and Sundered is missing, so I will fix these issues too. Disruption and Sundered are essentially the same effect (a loss in Armour Class) but with a different origin.

The conditions removed by Break Enchantment are: Agony, Baleful Polymorph, Bane, Berserk, Blinded, Command, Confusion, Controlled, Cowering, Crushing Despair, Cursed, Cursed Dirge, Dancing, Dazed, Dazzled, Decerebrated, Disrupted Armour, Disruption, Dominated, Enfeeblement, Fascinated, Feebleminded, Frailty, Halted, Held, Hideous Laughter, Lowered Spell Resistance, Malison, Mind Breach, Mute, Prayer (Enemy), Reduced, Shaken, Sleeping, Slowed, Stunned, Suppressed Sword.

I've just updated the spell entries for Break Enchantment (all the versions: Wizard, Cleric and Paladin) so that all the conditions are now mentioned (version 1.19).

For Greater Break Enchantment, I've added in the spell description a link to Break Enchantment, since both spells remove the same conditions.

As for Dispel Magic, it can remove all conditions that do not originate from items, feats, or terrain effects. Consequently, there isn't any list.

some effects are caused by one spell that belongs to different classes. Would it be worthwhile to mention in the help files the spell for each one of them?
My gut feeling is: it depends. Most conditions can be removed with Dispel Magic, and it should be well known that all full spellcasters can cast Dispel Magic and Greater Dispel Magic, so in my view it doesn't really make sense to list them all in every character-condition entry.

On the other hand, for Align Weapon, it's not so obvious. So in my opinion it makes sense to mention in the entry for the character condition 'Aligned Weapon' that it can be obtained from the spells Align Weapon (Cleric), Mass Align Weapon (Cleric) and Align Weapon (Paladin).

I've just done that for 'Aligned Weapon' (version 1.19).

It is also interesting to mention the various Grease versions in the Balancing condition because they aren't obvious. Particularly, the fact that there is a Rogue version of the spell isn't obvious.

So, I've just done that for 'Balancing' (version 1.19).

Please feel free to post about any other missing elements anywhere. Your help is very much appreciated!! Best regards :-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Sangarunya » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:26 pm

Well, I've read through the Character Conditions section and I think these are all the missing spell mentions. I leave out the class name between parentheses if there is only one possible option. The version is 1.19, of course.

Baleful Polymorph -> Baleful Polymorph (Druid)
Barkskin -> Barkskin (Ranger)
Blinded -> Chromatic Orb (Rogue), Judgment, Sunburst (Druid), Prismatic Void , Prismatic Wall, Prismatic Spray.
Buffered -> Dispelling Buffer(Psionicist) (Psychic Warrior)
Burning -> Flaming Sphere (Rogue) (Druid)
Confusion -> Confusion (Rogue)
Cowering -> Cause Fear (Cleric)
Cursed -> Bestow Curse (Rogue) (Cleric)
Darkness -> Darkness (Cleric) (Rogue)
Displacement -> Displacement (Rogue)
Divine Favour ->Divine Favour (Paladin)
Energy Adaptation -> Energy Adaptation (Physic Warrior)
Energy Shield -> Energy Shield (Psychic Warrior), Energy Shield (Psionicist)
Enhanced [Str,Dex,Con,Int,Wis,Cha] -> Enhance Ability (Paladin) (Cleric) (Ranger) (Rogue) (Psionicist) (Psychic Warrior) (Druid) and Mass Enhanced Ability (Cleric) (Druid)
Enlarged -> Enlarge (Rogue)
Entangled -> Entangling Ectoplasm (Psychic Warrior)
Evasion -> Evade Burst (Psychic Warrior)
Exhausted -> Chromatic Orb (Rogue)
Falling -> Grease (Psionicist), Grease (Rogue), Resilient Grease (Psionicist), Gust of Wind (Psionicist) (Druid), Greater Gust of Wind (Psionicist) (Druid)
Foresight -> Foresight (Druid)
Grip of Iron -> Grip of Iron (Psychic Warrior)
Hideous Laughter -> Hideous Laughter (Rogue)
Impaired -> It seems there is no spell or power that can apply this condition.
Inertial Barrier -> Inertial Barrier (Psychic Warrior)
Insect Plague -> Insect Plague (Druid)
Invisibility -> Invisibility and Greater Invisiblity (Rogue)
Iron Body -> Iron Body (Psionicist)
Level Drained -> Shadow Storm (Psionicist) and Energy Drain (Cleric)
Limping -> Spike Growth (Ranger)
Lowered Spell Resistance -> Lower Spell and Power Resistance (Cleric) (Druid) (Psionicist)
Malison -> Malison (Cleric)
Mind Blank -> Mind Blank (Psionicist) (Psychic Warrior) and Mass Mind Blank (Wizard) (Psionicist)
Mirror Image -> Mirror Image(Rogue)
Nauseated -> Chromatic Orb (Rogue)
Oak Body -> Oak Body(Psychic Warrior) (Druid)
Object -> Wall of Stone(Druid) (Psionicist) (Cleric)
Omnidirectional Eye -> Omnidirecitonal Eye Personal (Psychic Warrior) and Greater Omnidirectional Eye Personal (Psychic Warrior)
Perfect Balance -> also give immunity to Grease (Psionicist)(Rogue)
Precognition -> Precognition (Psychic Warrior)
Prone -> Sleep (Rogue), Deep Slumber (Rogue), Chromatic Orb (Rogue), Gust of Wind (Druid) (Psionicist), Greater Gust of Wind (Druid)(Psionicist), Grease (Rogue)(Psionicist), Hideous Laughter (Rogue), Earthquake (Cleric), Stomp (Psychic Warrior) and Greater Stomp (Psychic Warrior).
Protection From Ability Loss -> Mass Protection From Ability Loss (Cleric) and Protection From Ability Loss (Druid) (Ranger)
Protection From Alignment -> Protection From Alignment (Wizard), Mass Protection From Alignment (Wizard) (Cleric) (Paladin), Greater Protection From Alignment (Wizard) (Cleric) and Mass Greater Protection From Alignment (Wizard) (Cleric) (Paladin)
Reduced -> Reduce (Rogue) and Chromatic Orb (Rogue)
Shaken -> Cause Fear (Cleric)
Shield of Faith -> Shield of Faith (Paladin)
Sickened -> Chromatic Orb (Rogue), Ghoul Touch (Rogue), Greater Shout and Energy Wave
Silenced -> Silence (Rogue)
Sleeping -> Sleep (Rogue), Chromatic Orb (Rogue), Greater Delta Waves
Slow -> Chromatic Orb (Rogue), Slow (Rogue)
Solid Fog -> Greater Gust of Wind (Druid) (Psionicist)
Stunned -> Chromatic Orb (Rogue)
Summoned -> Banishment (Wizard)
Suppressed Sword-> Mass Suppress Sword, Suppressed Sword (Psionicist)
True Seeing -> True Seeing (Rogue) (Cleric) (Psionicist) (Psychic Warrior)
True Strike -> True Strike (Rogue)
Water Breathing -> (Cleric) (Druid) (Psionicist)
Wind Wall -> Wind Wall (Wizard) (Cleric) (Ranger)

A long list but it's worthwhile. Keep up the great work!
Sangarunya
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Ipse » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:54 am

Hello,

I have run into a gamebreaking bug (v 1.19). One of my characters disappears from the party before the final battle in Finchbury (prologue)

My guesss of the routecause is that she has got the same name (assigned by random name generators) as one of the merchants in finchbury (Tiliana). Merchant dialogue lines occasionally pop up above her head and the real merchant doesn't have any trading inventory.

Is it possible to fix the savegame somehow?

Thank you!
Ipse
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Ipse » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:08 am

Ipse wrote:Hello,

I have run into a gamebreaking bug (v 1.19). One of my characters disappears from the party before the final battle in Finchbury (prologue)

My guesss of the routecause is that she has got the same name (assigned by random name generators) as one of the merchants in finchbury (Tiliana). Merchant dialogue lines occasionally pop up above her head and the real merchant doesn't have any trading inventory.

Is it possible to fix the savegame somehow?

Thank you!

Solved by renaming character ingame
Ipse
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:49 pm

A long list but it's worthwhile. Keep up the great work!
Awesome, thank you so much for all the help and the kind words Sangarunya! I've added all the extra information into version 1.20, which I am currently uploading. I've also added Sangarunya and Atoch to the Credits Screen under Quality Assurance.

I have run into a gamebreaking bug (v 1.19). One of my characters disappears from the party before the final battle in Finchbury (prologue) My guesss of the routecause is that she has got the same name (assigned by random name generators) as one of the merchants in finchbury (Tiliana). Merchant dialogue lines occasionally pop up above her head and the real merchant doesn't have any trading inventory.
Thank you very much for the bug report, Ipse! I have now fixed the issue in version 1.20.

Best regards everyone! 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby xeorsos » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:20 am

Not sure if this thread is still being followed, but I've encountered a few bugs during my play.

In the griffin inn, right at the start of the game-

1) When talking to the innkeeper, I asked for a discount and he agreed to only charge me 200gp- but then I couldn't actually select the option. The regular room costs 400gp and I had 350.
2) When doing the little quest to get rid of the rowdy dwarves, I had a psionicist who knows Demoralize and has enough PP to cast it, but the option only exists to use a scroll of Demoralize.
xeorsos
Kobold (CR 1/4)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Sangarunya » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:47 pm

I think the Point Blank Shot feat doesn't work as intended: the description states that the character gets +1 on both the attack and the damage rolls, but in the game only the later is applied - the bonus to the Attack one is missed.

And one question: the bonuses for Point Black Shot and Careful Shot can and should stack, right?
Sangarunya
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Sangarunya » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:27 pm

It seems there is a problem when recruiting Jorad in the tavern in Finchbury: saving the game after recruiting him causes a game crash and the save file becomes corrupted (The party is wiped, and tavern graphics aren't loaded.) Also, trying again results in another automatic crash, this time without saving. The version is 1.32.
Edited: recruited with the [Word of Honour] option.
Last edited by Sangarunya on Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sangarunya
Hezrou (CR 11)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby the10ken » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:03 am

Sangarunya wrote:It seems there is a problem when recruiting Jorad in the tavern in Finchbury: saving the game after recruiting him causes a game crash and the save file becomes corrupted (The party is wiped, and tavern graphics aren't loaded.) Also, trying again results in another automatic crash, this time without saving. The version is 1.32

Having the exact same problem, I was using autosave and so the entire new start was wiped. There goes an hour or so =\
the10ken
Lizardman (CR 1)

PreviousNext

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG