Bug reports

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Re: Bug reports

Postby jms123 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:54 pm

Rasputin wrote:I went back into Character Creation. I sat at the character creation screen and alt-tabbed away. Left my computer for a few hours. When I came back I noticed that nothing that I clicked on was responding. I could press <esc> to back out of the creation screen but no mouse clicks. I eventually had to <esc> back to the main menu but the mouse still would not work, so I had to force close.

Something like this happened to me once. I was navigating the help a lot during character creation, and suddenly it just stopped detecting mouse input. I was able to escape out of the game using the k/b and restart though. I don't recall if had alt-tabbed out at the time, but it is possible.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Postby Dromin » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:25 pm

It's not every time, but it seems self-buffs, particularly the ones that last until rest, are problematic. I've learned to try casting those in combat instead, but even then they're causing intermittent crashes. I can't really find a pattern.

OS is Win 10.
Dromin
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby simmessa » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:47 pm

jms123 wrote:When I am scrolling in the help screen and my mouse strays to the side a bit and happens to touch a link, it navigates to the link. It should only navigate to the link if I click mouse-down while already on the link, if the mouse is already pressed and/or being used for scrolling when it crosses the link area, it should not navigate. It took me a while to figure out why the help was jumping around when I wasn't commanding it to :)

I've seen the same issue (Windows10).
simmessa
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby jms123 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:43 pm

When I am in character creation and I click on the scroll bar for the feats list (for a character that has a lot of feats so it needs to scroll), it opens the help window for some reason, and it does not accept any mouse input so I have to escape back out.

EDIT: Deleted mistake, user error
EDIT 2: When diving into the pool, it would crash for some character choices (always picked 2) and not others... no idea why though. Once when starting a new game none of my ability options were available in dialog, had to quit and restart to get it to work.
Last edited by jms123 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Falco1029 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:48 pm

delastone wrote:Casting spell outside combat, such as mage armor, crash the game...

Same. And I have an all-caster party so this is especially difficult for me XD
Falco1029
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dromin » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:00 pm

Update on my CTD issue with self buffs. Mage Armor does it every time, in or out of combat. Doesn't matter if it's my Mage Knight casting or Sorcerer.
Dromin
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby gregn30 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:34 pm

Here are the bugs I've seen so far.

Same crashes that others have experienced due to either killing a certain enemy which triggers dialog or achievement like the first boss with 40 hp or spell or spell like effects that trigger outside of combat like the fire where five salamanders come out of when reaching for the gem. Also, crashes when casting mage armor and similar spells.

Improved weapon finesse feat doesn't show when leveling a level 3 fighter that already has weapon finesse.

Similar to what others have mentioned when starting a new game, sometimes no items are on the characters and sometimes characters are missing. For example, I selected six but only four appear.

Using gold to level up a characters and if you then reload, the gold will still be missing and you can't re-level. Exiting out the game and starting it back up fixes this issue.

Not sure if the following is a bug but if you go to the character selection / character creation screen and select load game and load a previous save, you'll have your old party with all of their levels and items included at the beginning of a new game. Items can be duplicated this way. I can save the game when I start and redo this five times and then have six of the kickstarter item instead of one.
gregn30
Kobold (CR 1/4)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Corey315 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:07 am

rogaldorn wrote:I restarted the game (it crashed when I tried to load the save before combat) and it crashed when trying to load from the main menu. I started a new file and managed to get into combat. I wonder if quicksaving borked the game?

I have the same problem, but not with quick save, I saved my progress and tried to reload. Crash, retried, crash. reloaded game, crash on loading save. its fun but man is it unstable. Is this still beta?
Corey315
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby Rasputin » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:14 am

Created a new game.
I added the five old characters I created the first game, but this time I created a 6th character and added him to my party.
I realized in the Pool room that his name is not on the list of characters in the upper right of the screen, and when I press I to see my inventory his name is not listed there, either. But his icon is there with the party.

If I press I while he is selected, the right and left arrow keys do nothing to page through the other party members. But if one of the others is selected first, the arrows work to page through them.
Rasputin
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Rasputin » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:20 am

Investigating the last bug even further,
Apparently, when my party members leveled, I noticed that the new character did not gain any experience (he is still listed as 0 exp). Even though he is a Ranger, he cannot equip the Recurve Bow from the first few areas. He has the proficiency feat for it, but it will not let him equip it.
Rasputin
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

PreviousNext

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG