Bug reports

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Re: Bug reports

Postby bluehinter » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:40 am

After fighting the Green Goblins I proceeded to move to the chamber to the far left and tried to click on the Amber next to the green pool.
And now my entire party is locked in place and can't move. Unfortunately, I saved the game at this point and I'm still stuck and can't move. I can change formations, access character sheets and menu options by no movement is possible.
I checked the editor to see if there was something I could delete or edit, but I can't find anything obvious to free myself. I believe whatever happened happened because an event failed to trigger and now I'm stuck as if there's supposed to be a dialogue window on screen that isn't there.
bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Postby jms123 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:59 am

aterrill wrote:I am in the upper sewers doing the fire giant fight. doing ok on beating it, but whenever the phoenix auto heals itself, the game crashes out.

update: this also happens with the lich in the sealed sarcophagus

thank you

Interesting, I just beat the lich and did not get any crashes when it auto-healed.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby tdunaj » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:17 pm

bluehinter wrote:Image

After fighting the Green Goblins I proceeded to move to the chamber to the far left and tried to click on the Amber next to the green pool.
And now my entire party is locked in place and can't move. Unfortunately, I saved the game at this point and I'm still stuck and can't move. I can change formations, access character sheets and menu options by no movement is possible.
I checked the editor to see if there was something I could delete or edit, but I can't find anything obvious to free myself. I believe whatever happened happened because an event failed to trigger and now I'm stuck as if there's supposed to be a dialogue window on screen that isn't there.

This happened to me too and I had to reload. One thing that might work is to reinstall version 1.01 and see if that fixes it.
tdunaj
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby jms123 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:50 pm

bluehinter wrote:And now my entire party is locked in place and can't move. Unfortunately, I saved the game at this point and I'm still stuck and can't move. I can change formations, access character sheets and menu options by no movement is possible.

Due to the early issues with quick save not working I got in the habit of creating a new save every single time. And due the a combination of the difficulty and some early stability issues, I also got in the habit of saving whenever anything of significance happens including completing a quest, winning a fight, leveling up, etc. I guess it is worth it, despite having hundreds of saves now.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby bluehinter » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:35 am

tdunaj wrote:
bluehinter wrote:Image

This happened to me too and I had to reload. One thing that might work is to reinstall version 1.01 and see if that fixes it.

I just switched to the latest 1.03 build and that didn't fix it.
Pretty sure whatever happened, the game thinks I'm in a dialogue choice window that doesn't exist.

I just started over (again) and noticed that even on v1.03 the help windows will still randomly glitch out to where the scroll bar disappears. It doesn't seem to happen on any one particular page, but usually happens after I've clicked through a few different help screens looking at classes, feats, spells, etc.
When this happens all buttons and links immediately become unusable. You can hit escape to go back to the previous page, but you still can't click on anything. You can go back as far as the main menu, but eventually you'll have to CTRL-ALT-DELETE out and kill the process manually.

I've run into other errors where it seems like the mouse click action disables itself, so I'm wondering if it's all connected in some way.

Also, the religion option to examine the corpse in the first room is still disabled, even though I have a Bishop in the party.
bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby tdunaj » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:30 pm

I ran into the “mouse click disabled” issue too. Usually pressing the enter key works returning you to the main screen. Just have to carefully click when in the menus (and not click and drag).
tdunaj
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby jms123 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:58 pm

I'm seeing occasional crashes when enemies attempt to use certain spells or abilities. Unfortunately I can't tell what the trigger is so I cannot provide much info. I noticed it with the spiders in the sewers, and then a mage or warlock trying to cast something from up on one of the castle parapets when my party was down below, after casting accelerated spell and power. One time one of the spiders that caused the crash cast ice storm (I think it was) in a later attempt at the battle, which was rare for it to cast, so I'm wondering if that might be the issue, but I don't really know.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby jms123 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:49 pm

Combat just froze (not a full crash, can use ESC to exit to menu) when a frost giant was starting to cast dispel magic.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby jms123 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:36 am

Some hot keys are overloaded. For example, if I am in the spells tab and hit "I" to go to inventory, instead it focuses on the "Ice Lance" spell. I think I've also noticed sometimes when I'm in the inventory and I hit "V" to go to the char sheet, it takes a few tries to work, but I haven't determined the cause of that one yet.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby jms123 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:25 am

Got another game crash during combat in the castle siege, the castle area seems to be very crash-prone in general, after the game had been fairly stable for me for most of the high sewers (until the spiders, edit: could also be something in 1.03). I think it was one of those golems that was acting, not totally sure. It appears to crash right after an enemy finishes thinking and is about to use some ability.

Edit: I basically can't get through the castle siege right now because it keeps crashing
Edit 2: Finally got through it. My approach was to take out the buggy warlocks as quickly as possible. For the golems, I noticed more come as part of later waves that have specific triggers, so I would make sure all golems from the current wave were eliminated before triggering the next, to reduce the number around and hopefully lower the chances of a crash. I noticed it tends to happen to ones that don't engage in melee, but move and then try to use some ability. By having fewer around I was generally able to keep them engaged. I guess it worked. The only downside of delaying the triggers is I had to deal with more of the waves on the walls, so it may have made things a bit harder than necessary.
Last edited by jms123 on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

PreviousNext

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG