How do I rest?

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

How do I rest?

Postby dacencora » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:09 am

I can't find it anywhere in the instructions. The campfire looking thing in the entry hall of the Temple of Chaos is definitely not it.
dacencora
Kobold (CR 1/4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

How do I rest?

Advert

Re: How do I rest?

Postby Moddan » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:27 pm

I thought that campfire was for resting too. Maybe it´s a bug. You can use the pool to recover(including spells) though. Too bad it has limited uses.
Moddan
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby jms123 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:52 pm

KOTC 1 was designed with limited resting points to make it more challenging, KOTC 2 appears to have adopted the same approach. I think the pool may be it for that first area.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Zero » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:37 pm

The campfires were unlimited but the pool has limited uses. This appears to be done solely to make the game harder, cannot call it an improvement over KOTC-1.
Zero
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:17 pm

Hello, it is mentioned in the help entry about Natural Healing. You need to find a campfire that's designed for your party to rest, or some other means of resting/recovering. Some campfires are just part of the background artwork. I get that it can be confusing, so I will add the image of the campfire in the help entry and also mention that in the tutorial.

But yes, the philosophy in Augury of Chaos is that you can only rest when you have the opportunity to do so, meaning you often have to go through a number of encounters before the party can rest. It's part of the challenge of the game.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Noumenon » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:38 am

BlueSalamander wrote:Some campfires are just part of the background artwork. I get that it can be confusing, so I will add the image of the campfire in the help entry and also mention that in the tutorial.

Another help would be for campfires to show green when you push Tab. I only ever noticed the campfire after the Pizarra fight because I came back later to do the shadow fight and it looked like one of my party had a torch on their head, so I moused over it.
Noumenon
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:10 pm

Another help would be for campfires to show green when you push Tab. I only ever noticed the campfire after the Pizarra fight because I came back later to do the shadow fight and it looked like one of my party had a torch on their head, so I moused over it.
Good point, I will see if I can do that. Cheers :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG