[BUGS] Module Creation

Feel free to discuss anything related to the creation of new KotC 2 adventures using the toolset.

[BUGS] Module Creation

Postby bluehinter » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:57 am

As of v1.2 on a Windows 10 PC, I've noticed that the set quantity option for item stacks is randomly buggy.
It seems to work correctly about 80% of the time, but if I put down 10 potions or herbs and set quantity on each of them to 9, when I play the module, 8 of them will correctly have 9 copies in a stack, 1 of them will only show 1, and one of them will have 3... It's very bizarre. (if I go back into editor the quantities are still correct. It's just when I play the game, the player gets the wrong amount.)

Note that I'm using potions and herbs here as an example. I've run into the same issue with rings and other items, but I'm not sure if that's because those items aren't designed to stack. But potions, herbs, and ammo, should always be stackable.
bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

[BUGS] Module Creation

Advert

Re: [BUGS] Module Creation

Postby bluehinter » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:04 am

Okay, either I'm going blind, or the ability to add campfires has disappeared from the module editor menu options. :shock:
bluehinter
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:23 pm

if I put down 10 potions or herbs and set quantity on each of them to 9, when I play the module, 8 of them will correctly have 9 copies in a stack, 1 of them will only show 1, and one of them will have 3
I'm assuming you're putting them all on the same square? I will check it out.

the ability to add campfires has disappeared from the module editor menu options
Actually, campfires are found in the 'squares' selector (where you select obstacles, fire squares, etc). Cheers! :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby God » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:43 pm

The module editor crashed twice on me while i was in a creature's inventory, once double (or triple or even quadruple) clicking on a dagger in a cultist backpack and once in a custom lizardman inventory clicking (or double- ) on an empty backpack spot.

It's a bit annoying since i didn't save my progress but next time, i'll save.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on ... well, never mind.
God
Griffon (CR 4)

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:30 pm

Thank you for the bug report God, I will have a look and fix it. Cheers :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to KotC 2 Forum for Adventure-Module Creation