Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

Feel free to discuss anything related to the creation of new KotC 2 adventures using the toolset.

Postby kain611 » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:20 am

So, looking to maybe turn PoR:RoMD into a module in Knights of the Challice 2. I feel it lends itself to the combat and tactics of the game. Anyone have any suggestions of first steps?
kain611
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Advert

Re: Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

Postby Dorateen » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:54 pm

I think that sounds like a good idea. Do you have access to the games's map files? Both dungeons and outdoor areas. You could try to resize them to fit the 64 x 64 tile dimensions that KotC2 uses. Or would you make your own?

Also, although Pool of Radiance 2 is combat heavy, there is quite a bit of NPC interaction. One of the earliest encounters is the rescue of Nottle, which then sets up a merchant. If you can create a map to start with, I would try scripting that encounter.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Re: Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:22 am

Hello kain611 and welcome to the forums!

Would be really nice to see a KotC 2 version of PoR Ruins of Myth Drannor.

I bought the boxed game back in the day. But I lost interest in the first map of the game, due to the flaws in the engine I think.

I guess that the first step would be to look into recreating the first map of the game. So you'll have to get the backdrop image, and see what monsters are there. Best regards :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to KotC 2 Forum for Adventure-Module Creation