Hearkenwold - Released

Feel free to discuss anything related to the creation of new KotC 2 adventures using the toolset.

Re: Hearkenwold in development

Postby rogaldorn » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:41 pm

Dorateen wrote:
rogaldorn wrote: How long do you estimate its playtime to be?

I have received feedback that reported close to 25 hours.
It is also an open world, non linear adventure so a lot depends on how much a player chooses to explore and complete. It is definitely several hours worth of playtime.

Wow, that must have been an incredible amount of work. Much larger than I expected. Can't wait.
rogaldorn
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Postby God » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:37 pm

Dorateen wrote:
rogaldorn wrote: How long do you estimate its playtime to be?

Thank you. This is a pretty large campaign, and although I have not timed a complete playthrough, I have received feedback that reported close to 25 hours. It is also an open world, non linear adventure so a lot depends on how much a player chooses to explore and complete. It is definitely several hours worth of playtime.

I played the iceblink version one year ago or so, it was far from complete and i didn't even complete all the content available then and my playtime was over 20 hours already (22 from memory).
The module probably plays faster in KotC 2 engine, still, i suspect it's even longer if you take your time thoroughly exploring every corner and completing every single quest.
God
Griffon (CR 4)

Postby Dorateen » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:00 pm

Thanks, that is good to know. It seems 20 or more hours is a fair estimate, depending on playstyle. I've noticed that combat is more challenging, which is to be expected, with all the additional abilities and maneuvers available to enemies.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dorateen » Sat May 01, 2021 4:13 am

I was able to upload Hearkenwold to the Nexus Page for Knights of the Chalice 2, with the release of version 1.13

https://www.nexusmods.com/knightsofthechalice2/mods/5

Thank you, Pierre for all your continued work on the editor and game.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Re: Hearkenwold - Released

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:13 pm

Awesome, Dorateen! Thank you for all your efforts creating this cool new adventure! :)

I'm making this post sticky and I'll mention the download link and trailer link in a later Kickstarter update. Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Dorateen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:52 pm

Thanks! And I appreciate your help sorting out any issues between the different versions of KotC2.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby LordSith » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:40 pm

HI,

is the module "token" mode compatible? i really don't like the sprite one so i would play if that's token ok.

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby Dorateen » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:04 pm

LordSith wrote:is the module "token" mode compatible? i really don't like the sprite one so i would play if that's token ok.

Yes, you can play with tokens. What will happen is some of the NPCs in the game who I used the old Knights of the Chalice Sprites, will then show as square pictures instead. But your characters will be able to use whatever tokens you like.

Here is an example. Notice how there are 4 NPCs who show up using the framed icons, when you select to play with tokens. But the party in the center of the map have the circle tokens that come with the game.

Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dorateen » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:15 pm

I uploaded a new video to showcase Hearkenwold as an Adventure Module for Knights of the Chalice 2. In this encounter, the party stumbles across a clandestine meeting among gem traders, and they are not welcome.

https://youtu.be/5bXDfOmKeAg

Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dorateen » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:28 pm

I appreciate the shout-out in the latest 1.15 update!

The video above, when I was editing it, I realize I saved it as a smaller resolution. Sorry about that. Here is another encounter that I recorded afterward, which plays at a higher resolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAPXkjfAAok

Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

PreviousNext

Return to KotC 2 Forum for Adventure-Module Creation