Hearkenwold - Released

Feel free to discuss anything related to the creation of new KotC 2 adventures using the toolset.

Re: Hearkenwold - Released

Postby Dorateen » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:25 pm

I have a new updated version of the Adventure Module available to the nexus page:

https://www.nexusmods.com/knightsofthechalice2/mods/5

The primary objective of this update is to continue the adventure past the events in Skardale, while expanding further the world map. To this end, I also added a number of new wilderness areas and associated content, along with one extensive cavern dungeon. These were designed as a mix of higher level difficulty, for characters who finished the guild quests for example, and also mid-level parties around 5th or 6th level. Along with these new playable areas, there are new monsters to fight and items to find.

Players should be able to load exiting saves if they wish, or start a new game.

Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Postby Dorateen » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:41 pm

I uploaded a new video from the Hearkenwold adventure module. Looking forward to the next update and official release of KotC 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ald_amEnrM

Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Nathan45 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:28 pm

Dumb question, but how do you level in this gam? My Characters have enough but I don't get a indication or way to level up.
Nathan45
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dorateen » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:54 pm

Nathan45 wrote: how do you level in this gam?

On the character list at the top right of the screen, there should be flashing stars next to each character. Click on the star and it will bring up the level up screen.

Also, if you haven't already, make sure to check the Remove the gold cost for levelling up, it is under the difficulty settings. Gold is not needed to level in this module.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Nathan45 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:37 am

Thanks, that worked.
Nathan45
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dorateen » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:33 pm

I have one more video to share from the adventure module Hearkenwold, before the release of KotC 2.

In this encounter, the party crosses some monsters while exploring the dwarven Halls of Hamhock.

https://youtu.be/MzrRohMFl1Y

Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby toupzykin » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:04 pm

Is there any way to download this adventure other than nexus mods, i forgot my password on there and it says i got temporarily banned im so lost lol... :(
toupzykin
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)

Postby Dorateen » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:13 pm

You should be able to download the module from this link. Extract the folder into the Knights of the Chalice 2 modules folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1rl43gnoljbvcd/Hearkenwold.7z?dl=0
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby toupzykin » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:16 pm

Dorateen wrote:You should be able to download the module from this link. Extract the folder into the Knights of the Chalice 2 modules folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1rl43gnoljbvcd/Hearkenwold.7z?dl=0

Got it thanks a lot :D
toupzykin
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)

Postby Dorateen » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:12 pm

Last month I released a new version of Hearkenwold for IceBlink, which included a side adventure called Edinmoor. I am now working to add this into the Knights of the Chalice 2 version. It will be like a standalone adventure module, only integrated into the existing campaign. I had originally designed this adventure for 7th level characters. But realizing how powerful parties can become in KotC2, I would think level 5 characters could have a pretty good challenge.

Here are a couple of screenshots that show the party meeting a guard outside of Edinmoor, and then entering the courtyard.

The first image shows the new Merged Dialogue interface, introduced a few updates ago, creating a single text box for NPC conversations and player responses. I also switched to the view of token display for characters, although I am still designing with the original Knights of the Chalice sprites in mind. This is easily toggled in the options menu.

In June, I received some extensive feedback from a playthrough of Hearkenwold. I am grateful for all the comments I get, both here on the forums and in private messages. I will be including some fixes and improvements with the next release of the Adventure Module.

Expectation is by the end of summer, I'll have this new version available. I've loaded almost all the maps into the module and I just need to finish conversations and encounters.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

PreviousNext

Return to KotC 2 Forum for Adventure-Module Creation