Hearkenwold - Released

Feel free to discuss anything related to the creation of new KotC 2 adventures using the toolset.

Re: Hearkenwold - Released

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:27 pm

Awesome preview! Thank you so much, Dorateen.

I'll post a Kickstarter update soon. Best regards :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby Dorateen » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:08 pm

Thank you! The latest 1.62 update was a great help. I have the script commands for switching tokens working as intended. And making use of the fog effect as well. Shaping up nicely.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dorateen » Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:31 pm

I have a new video posted that demonstrates some of the new things build 1.62 added to the Module Editor. Notably, we can now switch out a player's Party Leader token and back, through scripting. Even if a player is using animated sprites, there is an override that will allow the token to be used temporarily for such an instance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv4FEQEmAxQ

I am working on the conversion of new content into the module. I should have a new updated version available to download by the end of September.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dorateen » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:49 pm

I just posted a new updated version of the Hearkenwold Adventure Module, using the latest build 1.64 of Knights of the Chalice 2. The file can be downloaded here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/knightsofthechalice2/mods/5

There are three primary purposes for this update as follows:

Continues the main adventure, introducing a new desert town called Sinestra
Adds a Psionic themed adventure, which also functions as an alternate guild quest for psionicist player characters
New wilderness locations introduced along the River Astar with associated content

Altogether there are dozens of new maps, enemies and items that further expands the campaign. Here is a screenshot from some of the new content:

Special thanks to Pierre for helping with the river boat token swapping, and for the great sea waves and creaking sounds that fit perfectly.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dorateen » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:19 pm

I have uploaded a new video for the Hearkenwold adventure module. This demonstrates some new sound effects, sea waves and wood creaking, that I included when the party boards a sailing vessel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpijmChtkas&t=99s

The most recent 1.65 update to Knights of the Chalice 2 now allows the water animations to be resized to better fit when placed on tiles. I will be going back through the maps to better refine those water squares.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:16 pm

Awesome! Thank you so much for the update and the video, Dorateen! Keep at it 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Previous

Return to KotC 2 Forum for Adventure-Module Creation