So how can I buy KotC2??

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

So how can I buy KotC2??

Postby itsdat » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:10 pm

I thought that I can buy it on Steam, but I can't find the game...why isnt it on steam already?
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

So how can I buy KotC2??

Advert

Re: So how can I buy KotC2??

Postby Yankee » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:38 am

As far as I remember, arrangements have been made so it will be available on Steam and GOG at some point soon.
Yankee
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby itsdat » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:25 am

I see. So what is the expected date of release?
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby Yankee » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:34 am

From a 2 weeks old newsletter:

Just today I signed and sent back the GOG-Publisher contract. They kindly emailed me a few days ago and said that they would support the launch of both KotC 1 and KotC 2 on GOG. :-)

KotC 2 is also planned to be launched on Steam but it is not there yet. Thank you for your patience! Thing is, I think I should finish work on the tutorial & guidebook, and maybe on the sprites too, before the official launch of KotC 2.

Generally speaking, the game is all playable and you can complete it, but it has a number of nasty sporadic bugs like freezes and crashes: you can make around them through reloads but they are quite annoying.
I'm not sure about Pierre & Co, but most indie developers prefer following the longer development cycle: first let dedicated enthusiasts play the game as testers: the bugs will not make them disappointed and will be reported to be fixed. And only then, after the worst ones have been fixed, let the general auditories of Steam and GOG play the game.

Another special consideration is how brutal the game's difficulty is: even for a well-rolled well-optimized party every other fight becomes a serious challenge; the resources which make these fights doable are sparse and you normally have to think out of the box to complete a specific fight, and find out the optimal sequence of encounters through trial and error.
There is a number of ways to decrease the game's difficulty via the game's Settings or add some extra resources via the Editor, but most new players just will not scroll down and find the necessary settings, instead they'll demand a refund and nag that the game is incomplete and undoable.

An idea for Blue salamander, please add a big bright colored hint at the game's Main menu how to decrease the game's difficulty if a player finds the original one way too challenging. To reduce the number of naggers.

And another must have note:
"Experienced a freeze, crash, or another frustrating bug? Please report them here search.php?search_id=egosearch and they'll be mended."
Yankee
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby itsdat » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:33 pm

I see. Well I can't wait to play this, so Pierre, please release it on GoG or Steam. :)
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby jms123 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:34 am

I believe I read somewhere that if you can find a way to contact Pierre he will make arrangements for you to buy it now... but I don't know any details.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby itsdat » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:41 am

I will wait for the Steam release I think. I have so many games on my account...and it is easy to manage. :)
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:17 pm

An idea for Blue salamander, please add a big bright colored hint at the game's Main menu how to decrease the game's difficulty if a player finds the original one way too challenging. To reduce the number of naggers.
Thank you! There's definitely going to be a tutorial module, so I will explain how to decrease the game's difficulty during the tutorial.

And another must have note: "Experienced a freeze, crash, or another frustrating bug? Please report them here search.php?search_id=egosearch and they'll be mended."
Right, I might mention that as well.

BTW, weapon enchanting isn't working in 1.07 (and 1.06), it will be fixed in version 1.08.

Yes, of course, Steam and GOG are planned for KotC 2, don't know exactly when, because I'd like to finish the guidebook / tutorial / village map and maybe even introduce the PVG sprites for characters and monsters.

But KotC 1 will be released on GOG first, the expected release date is 20 November for now (for KotC 1 on GOG). Cheers :-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby itsdat » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:08 pm

Still no Steam or GOG release? It's mid april....
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:48 pm

I do have a few things to finish up, but shouldn't take much longer now.

See the latest KS update for details: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/knights-of-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/3203871

Cheers :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Next

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG