Class, Race Feat and Ability Modifying

Feel free to discuss anything related to the creation of new KotC 2 adventures using the toolset.

Postby claiminglight » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:34 pm

Many dungeons or full campaigns that I'd be interested in making require a stronger handle on the classes and races that are allowed to play. This may be a matter of balance or character power regulation, or it might be part of the narrative in the game (a non-magic world that allows wizard characters would be a problem).

I'd like the ability to create classes and races from existing assets. I'd also like the ability to allow or prohibit feats/abilities within particular modules. Potentially, if it isn't too burdensome, the ability to create or modify feats and abilities would be great as well.

Of course, for any or all of these changes, the module would need to be able to recognize characters created within that module and accept only those that belong.
claiminglight
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Re: Class, Race Feat and Ability Modifying

Postby Grammarsalad » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:18 pm

I would like this as well
Grammarsalad
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:47 pm

stronger handle on the classes and races that are allowed to play.
Yup. New module settings like class and race restrictions are planned as they were a KS social goal reward that we've reached. Also planning module settings for level ups without gold cost, and for having level ups allowed only through NPC dialogue (like if you want to have casters level up at the mage guild only).

The other requests for class, feat and race modification are a lot more complicated, though. Cheers :-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Darthcast » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:30 am

I'd like the ability to create classes and races from existing assets. [...] Potentially, if it isn't too burdensome, the ability to create or modify feats and abilities would be great as well.

This would be one of the most wanted and interesting features regarding module-creation for me!
It would also add lots of replayability even for the main campaigns because one could try out self-created classes and roles.

Could you please consider this for a future update?
Darthcast
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:26 pm

Hello Darthcast :-)

Thank you for your post. There are other things that take priority, such as bug fixing, implementing the promised features, and creating the upcoming modules.

I might look into the possibility of a class and race editor down the line once I have finished working on the upcoming modules.

Have a great weekend! Best regards :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Darthcast » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:39 pm

Thanks!
Of course, other thinks are more important right now. Glad to hear you'll look into it in the future! :)
Darthcast
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby Diane23E » Thu May 05, 2022 5:41 pm

I love this.
Diane23E
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)

Return to KotC 2 Forum for Adventure-Module Creation