Hearkenwold - Released

Feel free to discuss anything related to the creation of new KotC 2 adventures using the toolset.

Re: Hearkenwold - Released

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:41 pm

You're welcome! :)

Thank you for the new video! Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby Dorateen » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:01 pm

I uploaded to new video to test out the module in version 1.17 of KotC2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75HwGbkonFo

Here, the party is exploring catacombs and fighting undead.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Comte » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:25 pm

Ok Downloading the latest version now wish me luck
Comte
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Postby Dorateen » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:19 pm

Earlier this month, I posted an updated version of Hearkenwold in the IceBlink engine. This represented a continuation of the adventure and a lot of new content to explore. Now I am working to copy this over to KotC2, so that anyone who has played the module can advance onward. Here are a few screens showing new areas and encounters.

The screenshot above with the horse uses the new Map setting to select a time of day. Here I put it to evening, in order to simulate a Twilight arrival of the party. I have also starting using the Night setting in other appropriate areas.

I love the new search function in the Editor, which makes it so much easier to look up maps, scripts and images especially as this module grows even bigger. I'm hoping to have everything in place by the end of the year, and then I will post an updated module to the Nexus page.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:14 pm

Awesome, great to see that you were able to put the map colour function to good use! Thank you for the update Dorateen.

I love the new search function in the Editor, which makes it so much easier to look up maps, scripts and images especially as this module grows even bigger. I'm hoping to have everything in place by the end of the year, and then I will post an updated module to the Nexus page.
I also love the search function in the Script Editor. Much easier to retrieve stuff in a big module.

The quest list and variable list also need something like that. The ability to type something and find all the quests or all the variables containing that string. Best regards :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Dorateen » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:45 pm

Thanks! Earlier this month, I uploaded another video to show part of the new content I'm working on for the module. Hoping to finish by the end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf2Yqu-z1c8&t=57s

Yes, a similar search function for other module elements would be fantastic. Rather than sorting, it is so much easier to type in the first few letters and go to eaxactly what you need.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dorateen » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:34 pm

Some additional screenshots of the new content being added to the Hearkenwold adventure module. These are all taken from the Khrystos Caverns, a dungeon location that the party can visit if they choose. I'm planning to release the updated version by end of the year, or early in January.

Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:18 pm

Really nice screenshots!! Thank you Dorateen! Congrats for the hard work. 8-)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Dorateen » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:25 pm

Thanks, and I appreciate the ongoing work you've put into Knights of the Chalice 2: the Augury of Chaos adventure, and the module editor. Looking forward to the official release, although it has been great fun already over these past many months.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:01 pm

Thank you so much for the kind words!!

I'm working on it. Happy end of the year! 8-)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

PreviousNext

Return to KotC 2 Forum for Adventure-Module Creation