Hearkenwold - Released

Feel free to discuss anything related to the creation of new KotC 2 adventures using the toolset.

Re: Hearkenwold - Released

Postby Dorateen » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:51 pm

I have the new Barbarian class features working for enemies in Hearkenwold. Thank you for your help, Pierre! These encounters will be a lot tougher now. The updated creatures will appear in the next version of the module, which I am still planning to release this summer.

Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Advert

Postby Dorateen » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:31 pm

I have just posted version 1.45 of the Hearkenwold adventure module to the Nexus page:

https://www.nexusmods.com/knightsofthechalice2/mods/5

This latest version includes a brand new adventure called "Edinmoor". It can be accessed as part of the campaign at any time, but it was designed for characters of 7th level.

I also have a bunch of fixes and improvements to previous content. Here are a couple of screenshots from the new areas:

Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:10 am

Awesome news and great-looking screenshots!

Congratulations, Dorateen! Thank you for all your efforts 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Dorateen » Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:14 pm

Thank you, for all your invaluable assistance in updating creatures and solving other issues. I am looking forward to the upcoming trilogy of modules starting the Dark Arena.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dorateen » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:57 pm

I updated the Hearkenwold Adventure Module to version 1.52, bringing it current with the latest build of Knights of the Chalice 2. Thank you, Pierre, for your help updating the creature list so that casters have access to the newest spells. The module is available on the Nexus page here:

And I also created a new video to showcase the party fighting some undead, including a couple of vampires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NqQ18rqWEg

Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:53 pm

Awesome, Dorateen! Thank you so much for all the updates. 8-)

Version 1.53 needs to have "Throw Creature" in the Spells.sml file for the Throw Creature combat action to work.

If you would like, please send me your latest Creatures.cml / Templates.cml file and I'll update the creature list with the feat Improved Throw Creature and the AI setting required for the AI to use Throw Creature (that setting is "Attempt throw creature %" in the Intelligence tab of the Creature Editor).

The automatic update won't set that setting very high (the most will be 30%), so if you have a monster that's designed to throw the player characters around, feel free to set a high percentage manually, together with a high percentage for "Attempt grapple %".

Version 1.54 will have the "item buy-back" feature and you'll be able to add to a merchant's item list as many items as you'd like using the "Give items" script command.

Have a great Christmas time! Cheers :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Dorateen » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:15 pm

That would be great, I'm looking forward to see how the throw creature works, and making a video showing this in action. I'll send you the files.

Enjoy the holidays!
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dorateen » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:19 pm

I have updated Hearkenwold to version 1.54, which now includes the new combat maneuvers and feats that are part of the latest build of KotC2.

And I posted a new video that shows the Throw Enemy option in action, as well as some bugbear barbarians using the more recent Spirit Animal abilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJJ6j7zD5mY

Once again, thank you Pierre for help in updating all the creature files.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dorateen » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:09 pm

I have updated the Hearkenwold adventure module to version 1.57. This now uses the water animations and weather effects from the latest build of Knights of the Chalice 2. Please note, going forward, this module will require 1.57 of KotC2 in order to function. The file can be downloaded here:

I also have uploaded a new video about the party exploring a lake area, and fight an Aboleth in the water, to showcase the new features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmV57Ulsd-8
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Dorateen » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:48 pm

I wanted to announce that I am back working on the continuation of Hearkenwold in the Module Editor. Recently, I made an update to the IceBlink version that introduced some new adventures for the party, and this will now all be included in the KotC2 campaign. There were three primary purposes to this update, which added new wilderness areas to explore along the River Astar, and the River itself. I also have a new Psionic themed adventure to be added, and most importantly, the main story line can be advanced further.

Here are some screenshots from the river areas.

Also, I used the recent implemented animated banners art to attach a couple to Edinmoor Keep. In game, these streamers will flap around.

Special thanks to Pierre, who is helping me with the scripting to toggle a player's Party Leader token into a boat (and back) for sailing on the river. I am hoping to have the new version of the Adventure Module ready by mid September, or October.
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

PreviousNext

Return to KotC 2 Forum for Adventure-Module Creation